St Alban’s Lindfield is committed to safe ministry practices. All staff and volunteers in ministry to children, youth, or vulnerable people undergo the approved Safe Ministry Training and complete the Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Safe Ministry Training
Safe Ministry training course details are as follows:
- The Youthworks Refresher course is now online at https://safeministry.training/online-safe-ministry-training
- Youthworks training courses details at http://www.youthworks.net/events
This is essential training for all involved in ministry to Children, Youth and vulnerable people. If you have any queries relating to Safe Ministry training please contact us.
How to apply for the Working with Children Check
- Fill out an online application at:
- Nominate whether you are a paid employee or a volunteer. Under child-related sector select ‘religious services’.
- Once the online application has been completed a WWCC Application number will be issued.
- Take the WWCC Application Number and proof of identity to the Roads & Maritime Services registry (formerly RTA).
- If you are in paid child-related employment, an application fee of $80 will be payable. There is no fee for volunteers.
- Once the application has been processed, you will be advised of the outcome by email. Most applications are processed within 48 hours.
- Once processed you are required to provide the parish with the WWCC number in order for the check to be verified. Email the WWCC number and your date of birth to email@example.com.