St Alban’s Lindfield is committed to safe ministry practices and ensures all staff and volunteers undergo the approved Safe Ministry Training as approved by Youthworks on a regular basis. We are happy to provide information and dates of when upcoming sessions are being run.
Dates for Next Courses
The next Safe Ministry training course details are as follows:
- Refresher & Part A & Part B Safe Ministry Training are held at St Alban’s
- Youthworks training courses: details at http://www.youthworks.net/events
This is essential training for all involved in ministry to Children and Youth and leaders are encouraged to keep up-to-date.
If you have any queries relating to Safe Ministry training please contact us.
All leaders in children’s and youth ministry at St Alban’s need to complete the new Working with Children Check (WWCC)
Steps for Applicants for the WWCC
- The application should fill out an online application at:
- The applicant will need to nominate whether they are a paid employee or a volunteer. Under child-related sector the applicant should select ‘religious services’.
- Once the online application has been completed a WWCC Application number will be issued to the applicant.
- The applicant must then take their WWCC Application Number and proof of their identity to the Roads & Maritime Services registry (formerly RTA)
- If the applicant is in paid child-related employment, an application fee of $80 will be payable. There is no fee for volunteers.
- Once the application has been processed, the applicant will be advised of the outcome by email. Most applications are processed within 48 hours.
- Once the applicant has been processed they are required to provide the parish (email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– please include your date of birth) with the WWCC Application number in order for the check to be verified.
- After the check has been processed, the applicant will receive a clearance or a bar. Workers must receive a clearance within the timeframes stated in order to undertake child-related work.